Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Write. U Read.

Hii. See? When I told you that this time around, I’m back for good, I wasn’t kidding. Anyways, before I start off, let me throw it out to you, that this is just another one of my banters, and has no specific topic. Most of which are based on my times here. Oh btw, my blog is very near to completing its first year out on the net. It’s not like I’m not excited or anything, ah, who am I kidding- ‘course I’m excited. Yes, the amount of blog posts/followers I have are way too low compared to what I’ve should put up in a year, but come on; it’s not that big a deal, right?

Today, my mom asked me to tutor my baby sister, cuz she’s got her exams coming up and shit. Well, I’ll make a clean breast of it. At first, I didn’t try well, I was just getting along with most of the stuff she was saying. But, a while later, it hit me, this was my own sister that I was teaching. As an elder brother, I shouldn’t be misleading her. And that is when I started trying for real, and believe it or not, teaching a kid is definitely, I repeat, definitely the hardest task I’ve ever come across. As with enough reason, I totally gave up that shit. So much for being an elder brother. She held this stuff against me, and naturally, we were at loggerheads. That is, until she sent me to Coventry. Well, what can I say?

Baby sisters.


I admit I was mad at first, which to my horror, was something that my brother noticed. When he asked me about it, the picture below completely sums up my reaction.

I lied.

You know ever since I got done with my A Levels, I haven’t touched a book- like, literally. Now, whenever my mom takes that tone of nagging me to study, which she does out of habit, I look at her straight in the eye, with the expression that says something like: “Yeah, you got something to say?” And, let me tell you, that feels pretty darn good. However, it’s not all bright sides. You see, since I’ve not written anything in a long ass time, my current handwriting is worse than a 3 year old with ADD. No, I’m not kidding. I remember faking to be sick when I’d have tuitions I didn’t feel like attending, but my dad usually calls my bluff, so I attend them anyway. It’s actually nice, y’know- faking to be sick. I mean, you always get to have someone fuss over you.

Oh hey, I almost forgot to tell you people, it was my parents’ 19th anniversary, yesterday. Dad isn’t here, so mom had dinner at home, something she never did until now, during her anniversaries. However, my brother and I got her this cake pictured below. And the taste of that cake still lingers in me, and sometimes, it haunts me. I’ve never tasted a cake quite like it.

I miss you, cake.
Oh, and did I tell you that yesterday, dad called us in, and dropped a huge bombshell? Turns out that I’m going back to Riyadh within a very short time. Few weeks, tops. And, let’s just say that I overreacted a tad bit more than I should have. Hey, don’t blame me! I come from a big line of major over reactors. My mom- total nutjob. Stories about my grandfather over reacting were legendary. So yeah, it pretty much runs in my blood. At first- I thought Mom was gonna chew Dad out for letting us go back home. Well, that did happen, but towards the end, mom said that she’ll “think about it”. And, living with my family for 18 years, I have come to learn that “think about it” always meant a positive outcome. So, it basically translates to “Yep, the kids can go back.”

First thing I do when I go back home, is play a FIFA 12 tourney with my people. I know FIFA 13 is out and all, but 12 just seems to be more comfy. Man, I totally miss ditching tuitions, and attending these FIFA 12 tourneys. However, this one time, I got busted, and that totally set my parents on fire. Because, as strange as it may seem to be, to my parents, ditching tuitions, is worse than doing cocaine, and getting 3 girls pregnant. Whatever the hell, I can’t wait to go back. You know, I kinda feel dizzy. I think it has something to do with the long hours of nonstop dubstep blasting through my headphones. Next on the playlist, is "A Milli" by Lil' Wayne, and I think we all know how much I despise him. No hate Mr. Wayne, but please stop making records. You will be doing all of us a favour.

You know you cannot disagree.
Alright, man. The latest episode of Modern Family is about to air, which I cannot miss, even if Hell should bar the way. However, as I leave, let me warn you of not letting away any opportunities to kick back and have fun that you might get. Because,  life will usually get in the way.

Peace, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because it means something to me.