Monday, December 3, 2012

Random Life Update 2 .0

 Yet another one of my pointless banters. Hi.

As you can see, I changed the template and font of my blog, because I was bored with the old red-yellow look. I am not completely sure if this is better than the previous one, but whatever. Man, I don't think I'll ever be done complaining about my life. And as a lot of you may have noticed, many a time, all I am is a one-way street.

So, we've hit December. And, you should know how much jam packed this month is. We will be supposedly meeting the Apocalypse, as predicted by the Mayans. And then, there's our Victory Day. Or, Independence Day, I'm not sure. No kidding, but I don't have our national anthem completely memorized, either. So, I tend to mix our national holidays up. Next up, there's Christmas, if we survive the damn Apocalyspe, that is. And to top it all off, there's December the 31st, which I bet, everyone, sane or not, thoroughly enjoys.

I haven't really thought up of any plans for this year, which I really need to get at. As for December the 16th, I'll just have to make sure that I don't get too onboard with the vibes around, which might result in me doing something that is immensely messed up. Last year, at some Victory Day party, I lost my mind, and this is what I did.

In my defence, I was a year younger, and possibly, might have been drugged.
So now you have an idea of what I'm talking about. I don't have any lasting memories of that party, save this picture. I don't remember what I did then, but I can tell you what they're USUALLY like. And like it or not, they are mostly, not mostly, but always dreadful. There are people you hangout with, the aunties who love carrying tales, the uncles who would discuss nothing else, but the latest political issues, and then, there's the usual fight scene, where people start cursing at each other, in public. They say words are like bullets, but I beg to differ. I enjoy bullets way more than words. Way more.

I seem to have changed as a person ever since I moved here. You see, when I used to live in Riyadh, I used to be the polar opposite of a cat person. I know a lot of people who go like, "OMG, cats are so this, and so that." What they fail to see is, that cats are some insane, dirty, and not to mention scary sons of bitches. Little did I know, that all this was about to change. And this amazing thing happened, the day I met Snowy, who is a cat owned by one of my friends.

Behold, the most beautiful cat in all the world. People, I give, to you, Snowy.

Love at first sight.
Ever since then, I've been longing to get a pet cat. But, then I cooked up an awesome idea for a pet. My pet was going to be a baby wolf, because cats are just too mainstream.

So, when they said that I changed quite a bit, I guess they weren't completely wrong. One reason behind that, may be the lack of close friends here, and hence, the amount of fun. However, if booze and meth are your thing, Dhaka is the place to be. It used to be a lot of fun before, I tell you. I see these old pictures, and all I can wonder is how fast life changes course, without any warning whatsoever. All in all, I miss my friends. I  miss football. I miss the beloved mothership. I miss Saudi money. Simply put, I miss having fun. Not long before, this is what could be described as fun, to me. Hanging out with the awesomest friends on the face of Mother Earth. The picture below was taken at Tariq's farewell, the guy in the white checkered shirt. Behind us, is Hamad, the life of all parties.

Euphorial Climax.

So that's the turn that my life has taken, changing many a thing along with it. I was always your average T-shirt and jeans guy, and now, I'm a shirt and bermuda guy. Not the greatest change, but still as weird as any. What happened to everyone? Distance is now increasingly becoming a factor to be taken care of. What happened to all those times when everyone would get baked, and not be able to see what's 2 feet in front of them? What happened to all those times, when someone would splash a bit of water on you, thus beginning a massive water fight? What happened to graduation night? What happened to the days, when I got my AS Level grades, kept the original copy, and produced a fake for my parents? What happened to all those crazy times?

I may not have any idea of whatever happened to the things that made life worthwhile, but I do know this- no matter what, it is still worth looking forward to everything. Cause, that's the only logical thing we can do, right?

Good day, you.

3 comments:

  1. I like the new layout! It's more... YOU.

    LOL @ your picture. Omg, it's hilarious.

    THAT CAT IS SO CUTE! I'm glad you changed your perception about cats. Not all of them are scrawny and wild and evil, haha.

    And your fun times sound so wild. I can't imagine having fun the way that you do. Lol. We are like polar opposites.

    Great post, as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :D

    And that picture, is really embarrassing actually. And uhh, I'm seriously thinking of getting a pet cat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I've been reading your blog for quite a while now, and needless to say, you happen to be really good at this.

    Keep up the good work, bro. :D

    ReplyDelete

Because it means something to me.