Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12. Once every 10 centuries.

The much awaited 12-12-12 has finally come upon us.

So fucking what?

All the fuss, newspaper headlines, Facebook status updates- all that stuff totally got on my nerves. So, I did the math, and turns out that 12-12-12 will revisit us again in the next thousand years. They way I see it, none of us hold the slightest chance of surviving for the next 1000 years, and hence, there's no point in celebrating in such a date. My personal opinion is that I really do not see the hype behind the same number appearing thrice on the calendar. More or less everyone in Dhaka has plans for today,  except me, that is. I'm just sitting there, wondering what might be for dinner today. I tried staying away from it, and believe me, my Facebook was not helping me at all. This is just a part of what the people in my list were up to. Click on the picture for a better view.      

I can just stare.


The might be ambitious kids with telescoped on their rooftops to see if anything spicy cooks up. On the other hand, this is the day, when the Bangladeshi cricketer, and apparently, the world's best all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan is getting married to his fiance. To my horror, she isn't even hot. I mean, you're the world's BEST all-rounder, man. The bar should've been set higher. However, we respect you, and congratulations are in order. Other than that, there are people who might've already started freaking out as the "Apocalypse" is drawing nearer. But just in case it does happen, I got myself covered. You see, I'm moving. Moving far far away. It's not exactly what I call  home, but if it means saving my ass, then I'll do it.

I welcome you to my humble abode.
When all that is over- Happy Hallelujah! Not that I'm a Christian or anything, but it reminds me of something. A few months ago, I was talking to a blogger friend, and we were just talking about what we were up to. Since it was close to Eid, I told him what I had in mind for Eid, but get this: He did not seem to know what Eid was. So this time around, when Xmas rolls over, I'll talk to any Christian friends I have, pretend not to know what Christmas is, sit back and imagine the reactions they might have.

Now that the tables have turned, and the joke is on you- not so funny now, or is it? In the meantime, I'm roughing it.

And now, excuse me as I leave you to enjoy your 12-12-12, if you're one of those pathetic people, that is.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because it means something to me.